In Person, Telephone and Video sessions
- Psychotherapy (Scroll down for more information)
- Individual Counseling
- Marriage & Couples Counseling
- Life/Business Coaching and Consulting **
- Telephone Counseling and Coaching *
- Stress Management Counseling
- Meditation night for Women (Call Sue at 973-857-9090 to schedule a customized Meditation class with your girlfriends!)
- Rose Business Consulting, LLC (Business development, networking & PR)
- Motherless Daughter's Workshop series
- Women's Empowerment/Support Groups
- Wellness Networking Group
- POSSIBILITIES - Women's Empowerment
- CHOICES Life Coaching Group
- Living, Loving & Learning workshop series
- Energy Leadership Assessments
- Energy Healing, meditation and prayer circles
- Aromatherapy (Young Living Oils)
- Group Therapy
- Guided Imagery ~ Hypnosis
- Spiritual Guidance/Development
- Workshops/ Seminars/ University Courses
- Publications ~Article on Grief & Loss ~"Anything Is Possible!"and
- contributing author of Jersey Women Mean Business
- Teaching/Speaking Engagements/Teleclasses
- Events and Weekly Workshops
- The Women's Meetup
Purchase Big Bold Business Advice Volume I & II
PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELING
The decision to see a licensed psychotherapist is a very
Many times, people choose therapy during times of
stress and emotional pain, and it may also be when you
want to grow, mature and spiritually develop. Often the first
step in reaching out for help is the most difficult one to take.
Regardless of where we are in our life, there are times when we are
faced with challenges that seem impossible to overcome. We are all faced with certain stressors as a natural result of living.
More than ever we're faced with difficulties that can affect us personally, as well as, our relationships with family, friends and co-workers.
If you have noticed a change in how you feel about yourself
and your life, counseling may be a very effective and helpful choice to make to address your concerns. The following are some issues orexperiences during which you might seek professional counseling:
- Depression or mood swings
- Relationship issues
- Grief and Loss
- Suicidal thoughts
- Poor self-esteem
- Sexual abuse, incest
- Sexual orientation, identity issues
- School problems or employment issues
- Intimacy difficulties
- Marriage problems, communication issues
- Family health challenges, caregiver burnout
- Difficulties in relationships - communication problems
- Life events: divorce, death, parenthood, blended family issues, retirement, aging process, adolescence, re-location, unemployment, etc.
- Chronic physical illness caused by tension and stress
- Problems following traumatic events such as accidents, childhood abuse, surgery, natural disasters, violence, etc.
- Problems with domestic violence or other forms of abuse
- Stress in the face of chronic or terminal illness or other health problems
- Constant worries or obsessions
- Excessive anger, frustration, or guilt
- Self-destructive thoughts and behavior
- Addictions: problems with drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol
- Eating disorders
- Sleep problems (Insomnia)
- Lack of concentration and enthusiasm in life
- Seeking Spiritual Connection
The decision to call a therapist may be a difficult one
but is viewed as a strength - not knowing the answers
to all your life questions and having difficulty managing life
crisises is normal.
Whatever your reason for seeking counseling, an effective
therapist will listen to your concerns and help you decide upon the most appropriate course of action.
Service Registration Form
What is a Licensed Professional Counselor?
A Mental Health Clinician who has met the state regulations to practice as a psychotherapist.
- Completion of a Master's degree program in counseling that includes several internships and coursework on human behavior and development, clinical diagnosis, effective counseling strategies, treatment approaches, ethical practice and other core specialization areas.
- Passing both a clinical exam and the national counseling exam through NBCC- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Licensure by the NJ and NY State Board of Professional Counselor Examiners Committee. Licensure requires more than three years of supervised training experience and passage of a clinical ethics examination.
- Adherence to a code of ethics that protects the confidentiality of the counseling relationship.
Services ordinarily are covered in part by your health insurance if you have an out of network plan and have satisfied your deductible.
As a courtesy, Sue Waldman's office will submit your insurance claim directly to your insurance carrier in order for you to get reimbursed faster. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have out of network mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions does my health insurance cover?
- What is the co-insurance (not the co-pay)?
- Do I need to obtain prior authorization for therapy sessions?
- Can I assign the payment to the provider?
If you prefer, Sue would be glad to contact your
insurance company and obtain the information above.
For further information and to schedule an appointment,
call Sue at (973) 857-9090 or e-mail Sue at
Telephone Coaching is an alternative to Counseling and sometimes a necessary tool for some clients who live long-distance or have health issues or do not want therapy and prefer life or business coaching. Please call Sue Waldman at (973) 857-9090 (EST) to schedule an appointment. Choose from a variety of monthly packages.
- Purchase 10 sessions and receive 10% off. Bonus gift of a Meditation class!
- Purchase 20 sessions and receive 20 % off. Bonus gift of an Angel Intuitive Session!
Reiki is a safe, empowering energy technique which produces benefits of self-healing in the mental, physical and emotional bodies. Reiki supports the body, mind and spirit in returning to its natural balance and transformation at the deepest level. It relieves stress, calms emotions and nerves, promotes relaxation, self-empowerment, self-awareness, and inner peace. Reiki enhances meditation, accelerates recovery and eases side effects of various medications and treatments. Many hospitals across the United States and throughout the world are utilizing Energy Healing. Experience a session with Sue Waldman and find out for yourself!
** A life or business coach gives you clear tools, practices and
strategies that support your growth.
A coach inspires you, championing your potential and enhances
your energy.Coach Sue Waldman believes in you. She is your ally,
your cheerleader, your support.
A coach calls you on the patterns that do not serve you and
works with you to create empowering beliefs and positive
emotions that do. A coach asks you to take full responsibility
for your SELF, your life and your spirit as you take steps
forward so that you can live your
life with pure joy and freedom. Coaching is a journey of
personal and professional discovery. It is a thought-provoking
and creative process that inspires the coachee (client) to
maximize her/his personal and professional potential. Coaching
is a profession that has synthesized the best from business,
psychology, philosophy, and spirituality. It benefits those who
are open and willing to make dramatic, positive changes in all
aspects of their lives.
The process is based on a partnership in which the coach
comes to the relationship not as a subject-matter expert,
but rather as an expert at helping the client clarify goals,
identify purpose,form strategies
and solutions, remove barriers, and promote accountability.
The coachee comes open and eager for change, ready to be
challenged, willing to go deeper and committed
to taking the steps necessary for this journey. Coaching sessions
take place weekly and are typically held over the phone. This
facilitates focus and yields results while giving you the
convenience of calling from anywhere. The coaching process
ordinarily produces immediate results and begins with, at least,
a one month commitment.
Please note cancellation of appointment requires 24 hr. advance
notice to prevent charge of appointment. There are no exceptions.
All sessions are by appointment only. Cancellation must be made by
telephone or in person - email is not acceptable. For Monday
appointments, cancellation needs to be made by the Friday before.
Paypal accepts Visa, MC and AMEX and Checks. There is a 10% service
fee to each credit card transaction. Chase Quick Pay does not have a service fee. All fees are non-refundable. Telephone sessions are expected to be paid within one week of scheduled appointment (Unless other arrangements are made). Please mail check to Sue Waldman, Advanced Counseling & Coaching Services, P.O. Box 215 Verona, New Jersey 07044.
Payment is required prior to each session.
24 hour cancellation is required to prevent charge of appointment